Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mab/ideas/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
Well, this has been a tagging weekend. This time it’s Martin with five things you (probably) don’t know about me. Of course, some of you might.
- I’ve got a gold tooth. I lost one of my front teeth when I was 8, in part because of my nonconformist ways: it was winter and a big ice patch had formed in the schoolyard. All the kids were “skating” (in boots) one way, so I decided to go the other way; and crashed into my older brother (who, twenty years later, would admit to have done so on purpose – isn’t that what big brothers are for, teaching lessons to youngins). The tooth was cut in half, and so was the nerve; but what actually hurt was the cut on my lower lip by the broken-off part. For 15 years, I had a false half attached to the rest of that tooth (it was broken twice: once by another of my brothers, the other time by me). Eventually, the tooth was grinded off and fully replaced by a gold one, with ceramic in front, of course. Since then, I’ve develop the uncanny ability to recognize false front teeth.
- I like making books. Not just writing them, but binding too. I learned binding pretty much the same way I learned a lot of things: to taking apart something to see how they did it. Many years later, I actually bought a book on the subject (which was helpful) and now I’m thinking of taking classes. Some would say I’m going backwards about it.
- There is a hundred or so Smurfs in my apartment. Some even follow me when I travel (recently, Travelling Smurf and Pilot Smurf). Some were Isabelle’s (yep, she too had a thing for the little blue critters). Other came when we had our housewarming party and guests each had to bring one.
- I didn’t have a driver’s licence before 30. I had had the courses many years before, but never bother the get the licence. Two month after I got it, I had an accident (rolled over twice; the car was totalled, I was okay). I’ve improved a lot since!
- I like grilled-cheese sandwiches for breakfast, with peanut butter inside and salsa on top.